Miskin Mill

Miskin Mill is located near Pontyclun and Llantrisant, the home of the Royal Mint. There has been a water driven corn mill here for most of the last 400 years. Since 1929 the site of the mill and the area around it has been in continuous use by Scouts for camping and training purposes.

There are three buildings some over 250 years old, ‘The Mill’ with kitchen, eating and activity room facilities, ‘The Cottage’ with activity rooms and ‘The Lodge’, which has sleeping accommodation.

These are set in about 3 acres of flat, tree lined fields which are bounded to the South by the river Ely across which a permanent footbridge, built in 1992, provides access to about 4 acres of woodland known as Mill Wood.